Blk & Wht Wblr (#3) & Palm Wblr - Wages Creek 10/3

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      The third BLACK & WHITE Warbler I've seen this fall, plus a
      PALM Warbler were near the coast at Wages Creek this AM
      between 10 and 10:30. They were with a good-sized flock of
      chickadees. Yellow, Wilson's, Warbling Vireo among the
      flock. Wages Creek is on Hwy 1 just north of Westport.
      Be careful birding here, as there is not much room on the
      roadsides, except for a large turnout a few yards north of
      the creek.
      This Black & White was an adult, with heavy streaking and
      obvious spots on the undertail coverts. The Palm had very,
      bright yellow undertail coverts, bobbed it tail continuously,
      and even showed a hint of chestnut color on the crown at
      certain angles. (The other Black & Whites at Ten Mile &
      Usal, were female or immature - slightly dingy, while this
      bird was immaculate).

      A LARK SPARROW was seen by Jim Havlena while I was
      out this morning on our driveway. I saw it at lunchtime
      with lots of White-crowns.

      Good birding! Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg