"Specks" in the Moonlight

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 -- Last night I went out about 10:30 to listen to some W.
      Screech Owls in the yard and heard in addition the high-pitched, double
      yelping of WHITE-FRONTED GEESE winging south in the moonlight. This morning
      on my exercise run I saw flocks in the air at various locations around
      Potter Valley, at least 120. Jim Armstrong tells me that 73 went down on
      the pond on Burris Lane. -- George Chaniot