Vesper Sparrow at USTP

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      On Sat, during our big day, I found a pair of VESPER SPARROWS at the
      Ukiah Sewage Ponds. The birds were working the weeds along the north
      edge of the north pond but eventually flew into the weedy field north of
      the USTP (in the area of the tall silver windmill). Yesterday, Sun the
      30th, I was able to relocate one of the birds. This time it was in the
      weeds on the south side of the south dry pond. Also present was a
      MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER.

      - mm