White-winged Dove - Albion - 26 August - AM

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2006
      Hi -- Mid-morning, I spotted a juvenile WHITE-WINGED DOVE
      in Albion. We motored down to look for the Great-tailed Grackle
      (which we did not find, darn). The White-winged Dove was seen
      three times by both Jim and myself. I initially got very good looks
      at it and noted markings clearly indicating a juvenile (whitish areas
      on the forehead and auricular area above a dark gray slash right
      below). Tail and wing markings were obvious.

      The WWDO was mostly in the vicinity of the Harris Llama Farm
      directly across Hwy 1 from the Albion River Inn. It also flew to
      several telephone poles and lines just to the south in the same
      little neighborhood north of Albion-Little River Airport Rd.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg