more on the Greater Sandplover

  • Mike Feighner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2001
      Mendocino County Birders:

      Regarding the fine points already provided by Richard Irvin on the
      Greater Sandplover, I would like to point out Joe Morlan's site at
      http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~jmorlan/sandplover.htm containing a vivid
      write-up, photos, links to other sites, and articles covering the
      Greater Sandplover, and a 10-second video provided by Leslie Lieurance
      of San Francisco.

      listserve covering areas to the south and east of Mendocino County.
      There are several posts there covering the Greater Sandplover at
      Seadrift Estates in Stinson Beach since the bird was first discovered on
      29 January 2001. I have just taken a look at the site and have
      determined that unlike Mendobirds the archives are not public. So,
      viewing the archives will unfortunately cost a subscription.

      If this post comes through twice, my apologies. My ISP, PacBell, has
      been having some problems the past couple of days.

      --
      Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA, Alameda County