Forster's Tern, Pectoral Sandpiper

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2001
      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 -- Today I spent much of the morning scouting Lake
      Mendocino, and I peeked, at least telescopically, into every corner of the
      lake. The lake level is 729.7 feet, fairly high for this time of year, but
      there is a little muddy shoreline exposed in the inlet, the creek south of
      Bu-Shay campground, Barn Cove, and Perry Creek Cove, and islands are
      appearing near Coyote Dam. Of most interest was a PECTORAL SANDPIPER along
      the shore at Pomo A, and three FORSTERS TERNS ranging widely over the lake,
      mostly north of Miti spit. A full list with guestimates follows.
      Back in Potter Valley there was a PRAIRIE FALCON sitting on a rock
      in the grassland north of Burris Lane, and after 23 years of waiting, I
      finally saw a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH in my yard (yardbird#157) -- George
      Chaniot, Potter Valley

      25 Sep 2001 Lake Mendocino
      =========== ==============

      Pied-billed Grebe 8