Am Redstart

  • Debi Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2006
      Hi, Birders,

      Don Doolittle and I drove down Highway 1 from Fort Bragg to Bodega Bay
      this afternoon. At 4 pm, I found a sparkling male AMERICAN REDSTART on
      Miner Hole Road. He stayed well hidden in the dense willows about 50
      yards from the end of the road where the big turnaround is located. We
      also saw a smattering of western migrants, including HUTTON'S and
      WARBLING VIREOS, PACIFIC SLOPE FLYCATCHER, WILSON'S and ORANGE-CROWNED
      WARBLERS.

      Debi
      Debra Love Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys