Mon, 14 August - USTP

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2006
      Hi-- I got out of jury duty early, so I headed for the USTP and
      spent late morning there. I saw most of the species mentioned
      by George Chaniot yesterday, except it must have been a little
      late for the Black-crowned Night Herons.

      I did see an adult, male Ring-necked Pheasant in the pear
      orchard south of the plant, two rows east of the large willow.
      He appeared to be alone, but he did not move from his spot
      down the row, close to the river. Maybe a hen and/or young
      were under a pear tree.
      Also, I saw a Willow Flycatcher near the river. I looked for,
      but did not see a YHBL, mentioned on Saturday.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg area