USTP 8/13

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14 11:43 AM
      Sun, 13 Aug 2006 -- Hello, Mendobirders. This morning at the Ukiah
      Sewage Treatment Plant there were three RED-NECKED PHALAROPES and a
      BLACK-NECKED STILT on the south pond. There were five immature BLACK-
      CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS flying around all of the ponds. The CLARK'S GREBE
      continues. The over-summering ducks include 2 female RING-NECKED
      DUCKS, four female GREATER SCAUPS, a female BUFFLEHEAD, and a mixed
      group of RUDDY DUCKS. I saw Mallards and Wood Ducks, but I did not see
      any juveniles of either species, nor is there a surface layer of
      duckweeds on the ponds this fall. I did see a small number of juvenile
      coots.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA