Brown Booby Not Seen - 12 August

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2006
      Jim and I looked diligently for almost 4 hours without any luck
      in seeing the Brown Booby at Bear Harbor. We had some
      help for a while from Cindy and Les Lieurance (but it is good
      that they left us to get video of the Bar-tailed Godwit instead)!

      If one still wants to try for the booby, there is another view
      of Morgan Rock that can be had from the north. After
      leaving the Needle Rock Visitor Center and pay station,
      one can see the huge, white Morgan Rock from the road
      as you descend to the parking area. There is space to
      pull over and scope from there, as well as from the ridge
      at Bear Harbor.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg