Birds

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22 4:30 PM
      Today there was an immature Blue Grosbeak in the riparian area between Navarro Bluff Road and the Navarro River. The bird was working along the meadow just to the east of the riparian woodland where (I assume) the Yellow-billed Cuckoo was found. The trail goes through the woodland then along the side of the meadow. The bird was in this area and calling for about 2 or 3 minutes. I birded the general area and this specific spot on and off for about another hour and did not refind the grosbeak. I left the location about 1pm.
      Also: earlier today there were two Elegant Terns at the Gualala River.
      Yesterday there was an immature Chestnut-sided Warbler at Chadbourne Gulch which is on hiway 1 south of Westport (MM 75.33).
      On Thursday there was 1 Northern Waterthrush under the hiway 1 bridge at the Garcia River.

      Jerry White