Pacific Golden-Plovers

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2006
      Saturday Aug 12 * This morning Chuck Vaughn and I had two PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVERS at Virgin Creek Beach. The birds were together at the very north end of the beach and eventually flew off over the rocks to the north. These were the brightest golden-plovers I've seen in the county, not having yet completely lost their alternate plumage. Also at Virgin Creek Beach was a SNOWY PLOVER and a MARBLED GODWIT (no other godwit species was present). Lots of RED-NECKED PHALAROPES were on Lake Cleone and at Laguna Point.

      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, MEN, CA