Continuing Stilt at USTP

  • choatzin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2006
      Sunday 06 August 06

      Geoff and I saw a single BLACK-NECKED STILT at the middle Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Pond this morning. A flock of four GREEN HERONS took off
      from the cattails at the east end of the middle pond and landed out of
      sight over the bank of the south pond. The duck population has
      decreased: we saw a single female BUFFLEHEAD, MALLARDS, RUDDY DUCKS,
      and a few GREATER SCAUP.

      The north pond has been mowed and ripped to increase percolation and is
      dry at the moment. Steve at the plant says it will begin filling again
      shortly.

      Cheryl Watson
      Ukiah