Hit and Misses - Mendocino Coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2006
      At different times both Friday and Saturday, Jim and I looked
      diligently for the Horned Puffin off the north rocks at Mendocino
      Headlands without any success.
      Saturday morning I looked and listened for the Golden-crowned
      Sparrow south of Chadbourne Gulch without any luck.

      The Long-tailed Duck IS still on the east side of Ten Mile River
      bridge, however. The tidal patterns currently are bad for exposing
      the sandbars mid-river, so he is difficult to find. I did not see him
      on Aug 3rd or 4th, but he was/is still there the 5th and 6th.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile area