LTDU - It's the Fall Season

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Just to be official on this first day of Fall birding, Jim and I saw
      the Long-tailed Duck east of Ten Mile River bridge around 2 PM.
      He swam up to a submerged tree, hopped up on the trunk, and
      the 3+ Common Mergansers sitting on the trunk immediately
      jumped into the water. They just don't seem to like him much,
      although they allowed him to feed near them the other morning.

      Karen & Jim Havlena
      Ten Mile area