7/31/06 Ten Mile North to Hardy Creek Hwy 1

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      This morning I drove up the coast from Ten Mile River to to Hardy
      Creek mouth.
      Ten Mile River: Long-tailed Duck, 2 Red-necked Phalaropes, 4
      Long-billed Dowitchers, Western Sandpipers & Semipalmated
      Plovers.
      Westport: An adult, male Hooded Oriole landed on a wire south
      of the store/post office.
      Wages & Howard Creeks: A Vaux's Swift at Wages, and Wilson's
      Warblers at both creeks.
      Juan Creek: 4 Purple Martins carrying food up under the bridge,
      a Marbled Murrelet, 2 Pacific Loons, Pigeon Guillemots, and
      a fledgling Common Murre following closely behind its parent,
      apparently the father. The young bird was much smaller than
      the parent - cool to see.
      Hardy Creek: An Osprey soared above the cove.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg