Re: [Mendobirds] eagles passing food mid-air?

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
      I've read of Bald Eagle's engaging in this behavior and have seen Peregrine Falcons and Golden Eagles doing this over in northern Nevada, in addition to the White-tailed Kites, Northern Harriers, etc.

      Have also read of other species of harriers doing this over in Europe :)

      Feather

      Kate Marianchild <katem@...> wrote:
      I know Northern Harriers pass food mid-air, and was surprised yesterday
      to learn that White-tailed Kites do it. I see no mention in Birder's
      Handbook of Bald or Golden Eagles doing it. Does anyone know?

      Kate