New guy on the block

  • wa6fxl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2006
      I live in Lake County, 4 miles east of Lucerne in the Kono Tayee
      subdivision. I live at the top of the arroyo (canyon). I don't know if
      I am even a rank novice birder. I do enjoy, however, encouraging local
      and visitor birds to make themselves at home and stay and rest
      awhile. I put out a water dish and the occasional bread scaps. My most
      favorite bird experience was watching eagles (I think) soaring above
      the canyon doing a mating ritual. He offered her a snake in mid air.
      The reason I joined this list was to learn more about my neighbors. I
      understand that Clear Lake is a favorite stopping point for migratory
      birds on the Pacific Flyway.
      One final point, I notice a number of posting by a Jerry White. I knew
      a Jerry White many, many years ago in the Bay Area. I realize the name
      is fairly common. But what the hey, I thought I would mention it.
      Wayne Busby