California gnatcatcher Polioptila californica

  • Wayne Busby, WA6FXL
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
      Probably mundane to the experienced birder, but new to me. This is the first time we have seen this visitor in Kono Tayee. A flock of at least a dozen were in our front yard, oak chapparel and garden type vegatation, this afternoon. I used yahoo images and this link for identification. I hope this isn't too ho-hum for the group? The bottom line is I am having fun learning to call my bird neighbors by name.
      http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i7530id.html

    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
        On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:50:21 -0700, "WA6FXL Wayne Busby"
        <wa6fxl@...> wrote:

        >Probably mundane to the experienced birder, but new to me. This is the first time we have seen this visitor in Kono Tayee. A flock of at least a dozen were in our front yard, oak chapparel and garden type vegatation, this afternoon. I used yahoo images and this link for identification. I hope this isn't too ho-hum for the group? The bottom line is I am having fun learning to call my bird neighbors by name.
        >http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i7530id.html

        Not ho-hum at all. There are no prior records for Mendocino County nor
        from anywhere in Northern California.

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
        Fall Birding Classes start Sept 6 http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/