Purple Martins

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
      Tuesday July 10 * Yesterday evening I observed a male and female PURPLE MARTIN along University Drive at approximately 19:30. The location was just west of the cattleguard at the base of the long steep hill about 0.75 miles east of Old River Rd. The birds were part of a large swallow flock that was working the south side of University Dr. University Dr is the road that leads from Old River Rd to the Hopland Field Station (HREC).

      Good Birding,
      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, MEN, CA