Long-tailed Duck is Here 6/30/06

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      I saw the Long-tailed Duck again this (Friday) morning. He has
      been moving around a lot from one side of the Ten Mile bridge to
      the other. If the tide is low, he frequently sits on the east-most
      sandbar near a huge, old stump. Twice he has been quite close
      to the bridge on the south bank, west side. If he is feeding, he
      is quite difficult to see in the river.
      Also this morning, a Green Heron was perched atop the same
      large stump mentioned above, out in the middle of the river.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg