peregrine falcons in Vt

  • Karin Wandrei
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2006
      While not local, I am quite excited by this. When I was in Vermont about
      two weeks ago I spotted, at a highway pull-out, a juvenile peregrine and
      then it's mother on the other side of the road. I spot the adult and other
      adults on two other days and was able to scope them and got the best view
      I've ever gotten of peregrines. I found out later that there are only two
      pairs of nesting Peregrines in VT and that the adults had been chasing
      people off who stopped but they didn't do this to me, knowing I was a
      birder.