Lewis's Woodpeckers Back

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17 2:50 PM
      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 -- This morning I saw several LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS at two
      locations in Potter Valley. Two were in the oaks near the pond on Burris
      Lane, and another was flying near the pullout by the "End of County Road"
      sign on Pine Avenue. These are among the few drive-up, public access
      locations in Mendocino County where one can nearly always be assured of
      seeing this species mid-Sep. to late April. Say's Phoebes were also present
      at both sites today. -- George Chaniot