Correction: Eurasian Collared-Dove

  • mohagan1984
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2006
      I've had 2 birders write me that my escaped Turtle-Dove is most likely
      actually a Eurasian Collared-Dove (very similiar but larger, with dark
      undertail coverts as opposed to white on the Turtle-Dove). They both
      say the population is expanding from their S CA base shown on the range
      map in Sibley. The birder in Eureka says there have been reports of up
      to 15 at multiple locations in Humboldt County in the last week, and
      Bob Keiffer says there is a small breeding population near Manchester
      and birds have been reported nest-building in Talmadge.