Bufflehead Joins In at Ten Mile R - 11 June '06

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2006
      This morning I saw a female Bufflehead west of Ten Mile R bridge
      in the general vicinity of the Long-Tailed Duck and Surf Scoter.

      The Bufflehead was feeding and diving on the water, casually
      associating with the three families of Canada Geese (there are
      7 goslings of varying age). The LTDU and SUSC were resting
      side by side on the south bank of the river. (The LTDU is looking
      quite disheveled now, except for his head and bill).

      Karen A Havlena
      Ten Mile River area
      North of Fort Bragg