USTP 6/8

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2006
      Greetings Mendobirders: After an absence of nearly 3 weeks, I made it out
      to the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant today at noon. There were SWAINSON'S
      THRUSHES and YELLOW-BREASTED CHATS singing along the river. I had not
      heard the former singing out there as of 3 weeks ago. There were 6-8
      broods of WOOD DUCKS in various stages of development and that is
      encouraging to see. There was a strange collection of other summer ducks
      out there as well. I saw a male CINNAMON TEAL (could there be a female
      somewhere out there on a nest?), 3 RING-NECKED DUCKS (2 f, 1 m), 3 GREATER
      SCAUP (2 f, 1 m), a female BUFFLEHEAD, 6 RUDDY DUCKS (2 f, 4 m), and a very
      out of place female COMMON GOLDENEYE. I believe that the latter is our
      first Mendocino County summer record. I note that Jerry White has never
      recorded one in Lake County in the summer.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...