Puffins, Brant, Harlequin & L-T Ducks 27-28 May '06

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2006
      This morning 28 May, Jim Havlena found 4 Brant at Virgin Creek
      mouth in Fort Bragg. We also saw the Long-tailed Duck west of the
      Ten Mile River bridge. Also, a female Harlequin Duck was seen in
      the waves, about 150 yards NW of Lake Cleone in MacKerricher
      State Park by Karen.

      Matthew Matthiessen, et al, saw 2+ Harlequin Ducks on Sat. 27
      May. Matthew and his group also saw the pair of Tufted Puffins
      just north of the Mendocino Headlands near the rock islands, with
      many Common Murres, cormorants and gulls. They too, saw the
      Long-tailed Duck on Ten Mile River.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg