LTDU & Other Sightings- Ten Mile & N MacKerr ST Park Beach

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 9:53 AM
      Hi birders,
      This morning, Jim and I saw a /the Long-tailed Duck west of Ten
      Mile R bridge. He is in one of 2-4 molts. The head, neck and upper
      chest are white; tail is short, back is dark with reddish brown on the
      back. The face and bill are crisp, like this past winter.
      Yesterday, Jim walked the beach from Ten Mile south to Ward Ave.
      He did not see any Snowy Plovers, but he did have a Long-billed
      Curlew, Marbled Godwit, Black-bellied Plover and a male Black
      Scoter. A few Red-necked Phalaropes were in the two creek mouths.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Ten Mile River