This week at the Albion Field Station on the Albion River

  • Ruth Wiebe.... v24
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2006
      This week at the Albion Field Station; located on the s. side of the Albion
      River:

      The Blackheaded Grosbeaks continue to fill the valley with their beautiful
      singing. The Olive-sided Flycatchers' melody echoes loud and clear. A pair
      of Canada Geese circle the river as they proceed with housekeeping once
      again on the Albion River. We saw our first House Finch yesterday and we
      would love to see them return along with the American Goldfinch and
      Pinesiskins which have been very scarce at our feeders the past two of
      years. The Ospreys are busy fishing and courting the skies above the Albion
      River. Our resident Ring-tail Cat is a delight to watch as he scurries
      around searching for morsels to satisfy at the mid-night hour. The little
      Gray Fox struts back and forth in our upper valley awaiting the next
      visitors to entertain. Our mother deer are about to give birth to the next
      generation. And we are truly enjoying the sunshine once again.

      Ruth Wiebe

      Albion Field Station

      Along the Albion River