Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant 5/7

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2006
      Hello Mendobirders,

      Chuck Vaughn and I spent an hour between 10:00-11:00 this morning at
      the Ukiah sewer ponds and were able to see a single male Blue-winged
      Teal and a male Green-winged Teal. Chats were circumspectly singing
      in the willows, as is their wont, and an obviously proud pair of
      Canadian Geese led a parade of 5 young goslings in the northernmost
      pond. Chuck's eye caught a patch of white flying in and this turned
      out to be a Ross's Goose. We were not able to locate the female
      Redhead reported from here on Sat 5/6.

      In re procedures and hours of operation at USTP:
      Weekend and holiday hours are currently 9:00 am-11:00 am. You can
      park inside the plant and sign in/out at the desk, as formerly.

      On weekdays (work days) you need to sign in at the construction
      office. Turn right at Taylor Rd. and on your left (within a fenced
      area) are some new modular offices housing the construction site
      personnel which is where you will sign in/out. You can then park
      along Plant Rd. and take the new trail that starts next to the USTP
      main entrance gate.

      Good birding,
      Vishnu