USTP- Mendocino County

  • les_lieurance
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2006
      Today we and several friends made a fast stop at the Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Ponds before running up to Lake County. Heather Cameron
      spotted the male Blue-winged Teal, still present, along with a female.
      Rich Stallcup spotted a female Redhead. She was limping and hobbled up
      the banks of the three ponds several times, finishing in the middle
      one. Lazuli Buntings, Yellow Warblers, Orange-crowned Warblers, Black-
      headed Grosbeaks and Bullock's Orioles were also singing and visible in
      the area.

      A Red-shouldered Hawk nest is active in the middle oak by the white
      sandbags. At least 4 Yellow-breasted Chats (1 seen well) were calling
      around the property. One Golden-crowned Sparrow was seen travelling
      north through the brush piles.

      Les & Cindy Lieurance
      San Francisco
    • Janet
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2006
        > Today we and several friends made a fast stop at the
        > Ukiah Sewage Treatment Ponds
        i TRIED to do the ponds sat AND sun and found it
        padlocked shut both mornings.
        the last i'd heard, they were closing early on the
        weekends--so figured getting there 7:30, 8:00 was
        good. can somebody clarify what is going on weekends
        now?
        cheers!
        janet

        Janet Rosen