Hooded Orioles in Ukiah

  • Chaniot
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2006
      Wed, 03 May 2006 -- During the last week I have been checking various places around Ukiah for HOODED ORIOLES. Although they may still be around, I have not seen any at some of the locations where they have been in recent years: Sherry Drive, Empire Drive, Pomo Circle. But I have found two locations in the Oak Manor district with both males and females present: the fan palm at 875 Maya Way, and the fan palm at 225 Pomo Drive. In both locations there are thick cedars nearby where the males are often singing from a hidden location. On April 27 I also saw a BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON hidden in the branches of the redwood at 230 Washoe Drive.