USTP 4/27: BN Stilt and BW TEal

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      Greetings Mendobirders: I went out to the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant
      early this morning. Interesting how dynamic the bird movement is out there
      this time of year. Much of what George reported from Tuesday morning had
      already left. There were no Dunlin or Semipalmated Plovers, no Red-necked
      Phalaropes, no Horned Grebes and no Aechmophorus grebes. The sludge-drying
      bed had only Killdeer on it. There were small numbers of Least and Western
      Sandpipers along the edges of the oxidation ponds along with 6-8 Spotted
      Sandpipers and a single Greater Yellowlegs. I heard at least 3
      Yellow-breasted Chats singing at various spots along the river and
      ponds. The birds of the morning were a single BLACK-NECKED STILT on the
      edge of the southern-most pond, and a pair (m, f) of BLUE-WINGED TEAL on
      the middle pond.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482