Lake county birding

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2001
      Cheryl Heinecken and Vishnu birded the Kelsey creek outlet at Clear Lake
      State P ark today, 9/9/01, from approx. 11:30 -4pm. We were rewarded with
      good views of a green heron, at least 2 sora, a least bittern (quick views),
      a common moorhen, a family of 10 wood ducks, pectoral sandpipers, western
      grebes swimming with young, a probable Virginia rail, a Caspian tern and
      several semi-palmated and one black-bellied plover. In the parking area were
      numerous foraging yellow warblers and a female common yellowthroat. A very
      enjoyable trip that included meeting Lake and Marin county birders.
      Vishnu