Chipping Sparrow Still Along Coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 5:26 PM
      This noontime, the Chipping Sparrow was still feeding in our
      yard on Ocean Meadows Circle, north of Ten Mile River. The
      flock moves around the north end of the circle.

      Also, around 11:15 AM, I saw a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers
      on Sherwood Road east of Fort Bragg. They were a little west
      of the 3.4 mile marker. They were about 35 yards apart, calling
      to each other. There was some loud tapping. The male flew
      over to the other bird, and they interacted for a couple of minutes.
      Then the male flew north across the road and down the canyon.

      Karen Havlena