American Bittern - Lake Cleone

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      I saw an American Bittern between 11:45 and 12:25 today,
      Sunday, 16 April, at Lake Cleone in MacKerricher St Park.

      It was standing in the reeds very close to the restrooms,
      near the main road. There was a large shrub (or small alder)
      at the edge of the reeds, and the bittern was just in front of it.

      It stood out, sort of, because of the very light, cream color of
      the dead reeds or sedges that were also partially lying down,
      due to wind and/or rain.

      Karen Havlena