CB Mendocino Co.-Woodpeckers- Pileated and Lewis's

  • Chet ogan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      While driving back from SoCal last week I tagged a
      couple of HWY 101 birds. Between Hopland and Ukiah
      along the one-way stretch a Lewis's Woodpecker flew
      across and landed on a fence post. Then a short time
      later near the Antique store near Reeves Canyon Road a
      Pileated Woodpecker flew in and landed on a roadside
      utility pole.

      Chet Ogan
      Eureka