Chipping Sparrow - Ocean Meadows/ North of Ten Mile R

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 9:58 AM
      Hi- As I write, there is an adult Chipping Sparrow in our front yard.
      It is feeding with the White- and Golden--crowns, but it has been
      harrassed a little, maybe because of its smaller size.

      Yesterday, we did not see Lark Sparrow. It probably moved on
      with the group of Golden-crowns and "Oregon" Juncos that were
      also here -- and now gone.

      The Chipping Sparrow is only shown as rare in Fall on the checklist
      for MacKerricher St Park. A couple of nice yardbirds to start off
      the Spring season!

      Karen Havlena
      Ocean Meadows Circle
      North of Ten Mile River