Lark Bunting & Baird's Sandpipers

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2001
      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 -- At about 10:00 Dorothy Tobkin found an immature or
      female LARK BUNTING near the gate fence at the Westport Recycling Center.
      It could seen from outside the fence.

      This afternoon Chuck Vaughn and I walked the ocean beach from
      Stoneboro Road to the mouth of the Garcia River. We found at least 7
      BAIRD'S SANDPIPERS in the kelp flotsam along the beach. Other shorebirds
      along this stretch were Least Sandpipers, Western Sandpipers, Sanderlings,
      Semipalmated Plovers, and Snowy Plovers.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, CA