Band-tailed Pigeons

  • paulandbettyhawks@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      The Band-tailed Pigeons are still plentiful in the Ukiah area in residential areas. I have been seeing flocks of approx 25 in the area of Laurel and Beacon, and I received a report from Sherry Drive this morning that a hawk had killed several Band-tails and eaten them in the same back yard yesterday and today. From the reported description, it sounded like a Cooper's Hawk.

      Paul Hawks

    • Barbara E. Dolan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2006
        Likewise on Standley I have a flock that has additional numbers every
        day since 4-6-06 , first 5, then 11 and today 25. They are roosting
        about 70 feet up in the Oaks. About 2 dozen were in the open lot and I
        flushed all of them. They must have been feeding.bd

        The Band-tailed Pigeons are still plentiful in the Ukiah area in
        residential areas. I have been seeing flocks of approx 25 in the area
        of Laurel and Beacon, and I received a report from Sherry Drive this
        morning that a hawk had killed several Band-tails and eaten them in the
        same back yard yesterday and today. From the reported description, it
        sounded like a Cooper's Hawk.

        Paul Hawks

        Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email
        to these addresses:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        WARNING: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify HIPAA@... by E-Mail and then destroy this communication in a manner appropriate for privileged information.