Long-tailed Duck & Western Sandpiper - Ten Mile R

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 9:19 AM
      This morning about 7:30 AM, Jim saw the male Long-tailed Duck
      again near the mouth of Ten Mile River. I joined him, and got
      good looks in the scope. He still is in crisp, basic plumage, with
      the throat, neck and crown all white.

      At the north tip of the beach on the MacKerricher St Park side
      of the river, a Western Sandpiper was with a Whimbrel and
      several gulls.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg