Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 160 , Apr 1, 2006
      Noteworthy birds seen today (1 April) include:
      HORNED GREBE: six in splendid alternate plumage
      lingering at Glenhaven.
      PIED-BILLED GREBE: brood of three downy chicks (one
      jumped off nest and joined the others; one fed a fish
      by an adult) at Clearlake Oaks.
      TUFTED DUCK: two males with long tufts (photographed
      together!) lingering with several thousand SCAUP at
      Borax Lake.
      CINNAMON TEAL: four pairs at Robinson Lake.
      BALD EAGLE: an immature at High Valley.
      GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL: two immatures lingering at
      Clearlake Park.
      CASPIAN TERN: two at Lucerne, three at Robinson Lake.
      YELLOW-BILLED MAGPIE: two at High Valley.

      Yesterday (31 March) a COMMON LOON was at Detert
      Reservoir.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, Lake County
    • stevestump