Forster's Tern at Lake Mendocino

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2001
      This morning (9/7) George Chaniot found a basic plumaged FORSTER'S TERN
      at Lake Mendocino. He initially located the bird off the west tip of
      the Mesa at 10:00. By the time I arrived the bird was south of the
      Mesa. Ultimately the bird landed on a small island just off the west
      tip of the long spit sticking out to the west well south of the Mesa.
      When I left at 11:00 the bird was still roosting on the island.

      - Matthew Matthiessen