Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in Redwood Valley

  • choatzin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2006
      Sunday March 26, 2006

      Geoff and I watched a male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in Bruce and Ann
      Gove's yard at Fisher Lake Drive in Redwood Valley this morning. The
      bird was working the birch trees near the road until a Sharp-shinned
      Hawk flew in, spooking the Sapsucker and two Mourning Doves.

      The bird has been seen at this location for at least a week and the
      three birches are easily visible from the road. They're in the front
      yard of the first house on the right at the corner of Fisher Lake and
      Tomki Road.

      Cheryl Watson
      Ukiah