"Al" the Laysan Albatross

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2006
      At Point Arena today, my family and I enjoyed watching
      "Al" the LAYSAN ALBATROSS from 12:00-1:00 pm. Al
      repeatedly drifted within 20 feet or so of the
      shoreline and then would paddle back out a short
      distance. Once he flew out a short distance and landed
      in front of an incoming surfer who casually reached
      out and touched Al. So amazing!

      Yesterday at about 10:45 am I saw a PEREGRINE FALCON
      fly over the highest point of the Boonville Road
      between Boonville and Ukiah.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, Lake County