Wildlife and the Oak Woodlands tonight.

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2006
      Just a reminder.

      Wildlife and the Oak Woodlands

      The complex web of life among our local oak trees will be the subject
      of a slideshow/lecture by Bob Keiffer on Thursday, March 16, 7 p.m. at
      the Ukiah Civic Center. Keiffer will discuss the over 300 species of
      mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians, including the tree-climbing
      salamander, that depend on Mendocino�s eleven different kinds of oaks.
      Keiffer, who has lived in Mendocino County all his life, has a degree
      in Wildlife Management and has been the Superintendent of Agriculture
      at the Hopland Research and Extension Center for 22 years. From Hwy 101
      take Perkins Street west to State Street (second light). Go left on
      State. After three blocks turn right on Seminary Ave. Take it to the
      end.