Mendocino coast

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2006
      Mike (who I used to bird with in WA many years ago)
      and MerryLynn Denny recently observed the following
      birds along the Mendocino coast:

      Laysan Albatross: 1 ad. Point Arena pier on 8 and 9
      March. Arrived at 4:15 P.M. on the 8th and at 9 A.M.
      on the 9th. Took several photos.

      Black and White Warbler: 1 ad. male along Minor Hole
      Rd. near cattle grate on 8 March.

      Eurasian Wigeon: 1 ad. male in flooded field north off
      Minor Hole Rd. at cattle guard on 8 March

      Rock Sandpiper: 1 ad. at Bottle Beach, Fort Bragg. on
      10 March.

      And farther north:

      Rock Sandpiper: 1 ad. at first heli pad at end of
      north jetty west of Eureka on 12 March.

      Mike & MerryLynn Denny
      1354 S. E. Central Ave.
      College Place, WA 99324
      509.529.0080 (h)

      IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BIRDING, YOU HAVEN'T LIVED!