follow-up owl in Covelo

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 9:17 PM
      Friday - 3 March 2006 - This is to follow-up on the possible Snowy Owl in the Covelo/Round Valley area. I spoke with the original observer again this evening. She did see a Barn Owl in the same vicinity just before dusk tonight ...so she is thinking that the prior owl sighting was probably the same bird....but she can't be sure. This time she was able to get outside and get the bird in the binoculars. I still wonder why a barn owl would have been out at 2:00 in the afternoon. Anyway ...sorry for the probable false alarm ...but if you want to bird Round Valley anyway it is usually a great place for raptors. Good birding. Bob Keiffer.