Ducks in Lake

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 -- I birded around in Lake County this morning. First off
      was owling along Scotts Valley Road. I had NORTHERN PYGMY-OWL at the
      pullout 1.1 mile from Hwy 20 and 2 Pygmies, 2 Great Horned, and 1 Western
      Screech Owl at the Glen Eden trailhead 2.7 miles in. Pygmies were calling
      up to 7:00.
      Next stop was the flooded fields near Rodman Slough where there was
      a EURASIAN WIGEON among the many American Wigeon. Finally, I worked the
      north shore of Clear Lake between Lakeview and Island Drives in ClearLake
      Oaks and found two female BARROW'S GOLDENEYES, possibly the same
      individual, one sighting at mm 26.86 and the other near Lakeview Drive.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA