Brief report from the coast

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2006
      Sunday, January 29, 2006. There was a single Brant west of the bridge on the Ten Mile River today. I was unable to locate either Long-Tailed Duck. I observed an adult Peregrine consume a Sora atop a power pole along side the bridge. The falcon plucked the feathers but ate everything else, including each tarsus, complete with toes. It then picked the small pieces that had become stuck to its talons, wiped its beak on the post, and ate what was wiped off. Very efficient.